Wednesday, June 9, 2010

My Magical Bookcase

So as I promised all of you , I took some pictures of my new Magical Bookcase!!! I am still building up my collection of my reading material, so until then , I will just have to fill the rest of the shelves with Knick Knacks and Paddywacks!

I purchased this bookcase at Target for less than $150.00! It is not REAL wood, but it is still pretty sturdy and very pleasing to the eye (I originally wanted real wood , to match the side pieces of furniture and my clothing trunk, but I am on a budget right now, and couldn't afford to spend too much ) ... As straight lined as it is, I still think it has lots of character!


On the first shelf, I have stored my magical clock
 (The same clock which told Cinderella that she was in fact running a little past her curfew!)


I also have stored some precious fairy memorabilia :-D 
 I am still collecting !



On my second shelf, I have my books of magic, fairy tales, rockstar biographies, and spells, potions, and formulas. Among these books, about half of them are written by my FAVORITE author, Francesca Lia Block! I am such a collector and avid reader of her books, poetry , and prose. She writes of princesses, fairies, mermaids, love, hate, and coming of age. I suggest you all read her books if you haven't already :-D

Also on this shelf, I have my troll collection from Norway of Epcot center in Disney World. It is my favorite country in Epcot... I love my magical buddies :-D They have been hiding away in my closet for the longest time, and now they can hang out for all to enjoy on my new bookshelf ...


On my third shelf I have my collection of TV show boxsets. Among them are True Blood, Six Feet Under, and Sex and the City. I also have my Coraline 3D Collector's Edition, and a picture of me and my love. I also have some little trinket boxes, and my favorite:

My Alice and Wonderland Tea Mug ! (It is in fact a coffee mug, but I do not drink coffee, so I use it for herbal teas ) When you pour hot water in the mug, the Cheshire Cat's grin, magically appears !! What a sight to see !



Around my bookcase , I have adorned with copper light up flowers, I purchased at Target for I believe $15.00.




I love my room, my little sanctuary... I have collected little treasure from all over the place. I will soon get around to sharing them all with you :-) but for now I must go !
Have a nice day
:-D

Photobucket

2 comments:

Petunia said...

Hi Justina! Just came back for another visit to your fabulous blog and I found your magical bookcase. Love your collection of magical books....being a collector of books on spells, potions and formula myself. And the lights and fairy dust are divine. I was lucky enough to have finally found my own source of fairy dust (Photoshop). Have a great 4th of July weekend!

Justina said...

Hi Anna ! Thank you so much for coming back to visit , and checking out my other posts :-D YES! I LOVE my books of fairytales, magic spells, potions and formulas!!! Yes I use photoshop for the fairy dust as well :-D I had a great 4th of July weekend, I hope yours was great as well! Oh and I also just added some tea party extras in a new post today , so check those out when ya get a chance !!
-Justina
xoxo