Sunday, February 13, 2011

Valentine's Day Truffles & Bettina May's Pin Up Class! Register Today!

Hello Lovelies...

SO all of these unfinished projects have crept on on me, and so has Valentine's Day! I am so ashamed that I have not had the time to throw together any sort of V-Day Craft project, but life is so crazy lately... ( crazy in a good way! busy busy busy!)

BUT , alas.. i did want to do a post for Valentine's Day. So here it goes... I had originally got the idea from PinkKisses.com. They sell these really amazing Birthday Cake Batter Chocolates, and I figured , how hard can these be to make myself ?!? ( They were TO DIE FOR , By the way) ... so I just HAD to share this recipe ( I actually found on another site!) The recipe I found on the site is a bit different, but actually more fitting for Valentine's Day , since they used Pink Strawberry Cake Mix. But this should work with any boxed cake mix. I CANNOT wait to finally try this recipe! Enjoy this one as well!


Recipe Courtesy of How Sweet Eats


Chocolate Covered Strawberry Cake Balls

makes about 40 1-inch balls

1 box Duncan Hines strawberry cake mix, prepared and baked

1 1/2 cups cream cheese frosting (homemade or 1 can of prepared)

6 ounces high quality white, dark or milk chocolate (I often use Ghiradelli or Lindt)

additional pink food coloring if desire (I used a drop for a more pink look)

sprinkles, decorations, etc

Prepare cake batter and bake as directed. I often use a 9 x 13 cake pan as I find this is easiest.

Once cake has cooled, scoop it out of the cake pan and into the bowl of an electric mixer. Add frosting and mix on low to medium speed until a pink dough forms. This can also be done by hand, but may not be mixed as well and will take longer. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours, or overnight.

Roll in 1-inch balls and place on parchment paper laying on a sheet pan. Freeze the balls for at least 1 hour. Right before removing, melt chocolate in a double boiler or the microwave (if in the microwave, melt in 30 second increments until melted completely). Using a fork, dip balls in chocolate and gently flip it around, just until coated. Lift it out with the fork, allowing any excess chocolate to drip off. Decorate as desired, refrigerating immediately after for at least a few minutes.

We like these best chilled, but they can also be kept at room temperature.

and all the single ladies?

No worries... You can still treat yourself this Valentine's Month , to a Pinup Class with Bettina May! This just goes to show that any lady can make herself feel sexy, even when there's no man in the picture!

Register online at

PinupClass.com

HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY LOVERS!!

Photobucket


3 comments:

Wendy said...

Hey Justina,
There you are. I see you now. I have been away too.
Could you please email me with your address. I have yet to send you your Witchy hat and I would so like to. It is sitting here just telling me everyday that it wants to travel to its new home.
I am going to try that recipe as well.
wishes and whimsy
Wendy from Wonderland

Justina said...

Hi Wendy!!!
Ohhhh Did I win a contest!?! I have been away for awhile, so I had no idea!! I am so excited!! Please send me your email address , I couldnt find it on your profile!
Email it to me at Jcarubia@gmail.com, if you don't want to post it here... and then I will email you back my address....

Have a great Valentine's Day !!!
xoxoxo
-Justina

Theresa MacNaughton said...

Hi Justina! What a fun post. Those truffles look delicious - thanks for posting the recipe. :) Hope you had a fabulous Valentine's Day! Theresa