Monday, April 23, 2012

Magickal Birdhouses

HELLO LOVELIES!

How are you enjoying your spring so far!? Mine has been pretty lovely for the most part. I have constantly been creating, sewing, painting, getting my hands all messy, trying to set aside more time for reading, and more therapeutic time for myself...

I have spent all last week working on my new line of Birdhouses, which I plan to sell in my Etsy store, along with my magnets, and cookie jars. My store isn't ready just yet, there is still a bit of work to be done, but I figured that I would post the product pictures up cuz I'm so excited about these birdhouses, I can't contain it any longer!

Here is the first one!

Photobucket

The back of this one is from some Francesca Lia Block xeroxed book pages I had lying around. 
She is one of my favorite authors :-) 

Photobucket

Here is some side detail...

Photobucket

And the other side...

Photobucket


Here is the second house...
 This is actually the first one that I made about a year ago, when I was just testing out the idea. 


You can tell, cuz there is not as much detail on it as far as decoupaged book pages goes...

 Photobucket

Up close on the bird...

Photobucket


The Third House 
This one came out much better than I had anticipated!
 The fence was a bit tricky,
 but I think I nailed it pretty good :-D !

Photobucket


I decided to adorn this one with extra long lace,
for an enchanting effect! 


Photobucket


The little bells sound so magickal! 

 Here is the butterfly detailing on the top!


Photobucket


Here is some up close detailing of the fence, 
more bookpages by Francesca Lia Block.

I love how that last line , finishes off the bottom of the fence
"We painted our face with RAINBOWS
from the book Psyche in a Dress

Photobucket


Here is one of my FAVOURITES!!!


Photobucket


Pink Bird nestled in an turquoise sparkly home...


Photobucket


With a dreamy pink and white circus top,
adorned with my favorite Prima Flowers


Photobucket


Extra long lace, little bells sound magickal in the breeze...


Photobucket


Sideview...

Photobucket      


Closeup View


 Photobucket




Next we have a birdhouse, which is identical in structure to the last one, but this one is Sunshine Dust Yellow, with a Black and White sparkly circus top


Photobucket



Photobucket

Photobucket'


Up Close on the circus top detail, 
more Prima Flowers :-)

  Photobucket



Ribbon & Bell accents


Photobucket



Last but certainly not least, here is a little experimentation I wanted to try. I found these amazing plain wooden birds at the craft store, and I thought I would try my hand at one.  So I decided I would paint/decoupage and embellish one, just the way I did with the birdhouses...

  Photobucket 


 I was on a roll with all the ribbon draping with the birdhouses, that I thought it would only make sense to add some ribbons and bells to this too... 

And the little bells sound so soothing in the wind...

  Photobucket 


 The wings are decoupaged with more FLB pages 
( LOVE HER!)


  Photobucket


With a paper napkin for the tail, and a sparkly rhinestone for the eyes... 

 Pink sheer fine glitter was used for most of the body...

  Photobucket

I used much thicker grade turquoise glitter for the underbelly...


You should see my craft room with all the glitter I've been using on these things! It's like a fairy exploded in there!! The stuff is so messy, but I personally think that Glitter makes everything better!

I bought 2 more plain birdhouses at the dollar store, as well as twig rings, I am thinking of making fairy headdresses :-) Stay tuned for more , as well as links to my Etsy store, once I am ready to post everything!


Tonight I am going to work on painting some lids, and sewing some more cookies for my birthday cookie jar!

Til then, 
Love, Trust, & Pixie Dust!


Photobucket

2 comments:

Shashi Nayagam said...

Your bird houses are definitely magical. Great idea

Thesestars said...

Wow! What a great idea....all of them were just wonderful.