Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Aunt Linda & Cousin Jessie Visit From North Carolina PART 2


So day 2 of my Aunt Linda and Cousin Jessie's stay was so much fun!!
We went to Peddler's Village, Pennsylvania!
We were going to go to New Hope, but we decided to go to Peddler's Village instead!
We were all STARVING and I had suggested eating at the Cock n' Bull restaurant which has AMAZING chicken pot pie and turkey dinner....


Here is Jessie and I enjoying our glasses of water, while our lush mothers had more wine, LOL!
I was feeling a bit under the weather, so I thought it best to stay hydrated for the day...

I started with a beef soup for my appetizer, and I got the chicken pot pie for my lunch!
It came with a side of the most interesting Apple & Raisin Slaw and a piece of Corn Bread!
It was DELICIOUS!


My mom took my advice and went for the Turkey Dinner with Mashed Potatoes, Squash, Cranberry Sauce & Gravy!


Here are us ladies out to lunch....
Jessie, Me, Aunt Linda, and My Mom


After lunch we did some walking around, and went in some little antique and consignment shops looking for little treasures to purchase...

We found a shop where my aunt and my mother bought little rubber flower wine stoppers, LOL 
what lushes! Jessie and I had fun looking at all of the Halloween stuff that is starting to adorn the little shops!!


Attached to this little shop, was a beautiful greenhouse...


 Where we had fun discovering some need plants that didn't need to be potted or watered...


Such beautiful plants all over the place, it was really so magical! 


I loved this little frog guy spitting water into this beautiful fountain adorned with a hanging tree wrapped in white lights and potted plants...


After the greenhouse shoppe, we checked out a little consignment jewelry boutique, where I bought these cute little gems...


I just loved how they sparkled, and they just called right out to me! 

After the jewelry shop, our sweet tooth was calling, and we hit up a little beanery and cafe right next door! Jessie and I treated our moms to their lattes and we both got chai tea lattes which were nice and light, and so yummy! 



Some cute cookie jars at the cafe filled with biscotti
Jessie bought a huge burlap bag here for $5 to do some pinterest projects with.
The cafe sells huge burlap coffee bags, which was a cool little sale angle. 
The cafe itself actually used the bags to adorn the shop with little burlap valances for their windows and stuff.  You can really do anything with burlap! It's amazing how much burlap stuff we saw on our ventures that weekend...



After the cafe, we did a lot more walking around and a lot more shopping...
We also went in a little candle store where I bought my friend Ashley a birthday gift which I will do a post about, after I give her the present :-X 

I also bought my mom 2 candle burner tarts , and myself a little candle holder as well...


The rest of the afternoon was filled with loads of fun, just walking in more shops, meeting some furry little critters along with way, including a bunny named Oreo, and a little ancient looking squirrel with a whirly tail who hopped back and forth curiously collecting peanuts from the nut shop next door to a religious shop our moms went into.  


We also had way too much fun in a book shop, a turkish lantern shop, and a hat shop where we had a blast trying on all the different hats. 


 My mom actually ending up buying a headband with some sweater knit and feathers on it.. it was so cute, I told her she just had to buy it...


Here are some lilies in a pond outside the hat shoppe...


Can you see the coi fish under the water?

It was getting late so we decided to head home...
But not before we hit up the village bakery for some sweet treats!


The window display was so adorable! 


Inside there were so many delectable treats to feast the eyes upon! 


It really was a sweet tooth's heaven in there! 


Check out these GORGEOUS cakes!!!
How beautiful are they!?!

Jessie bought a rich chocolate cupcake, and I bought a couple cinnamon rolls.
My eye caught a Bacon Choco Cupcake, and I immediately thought of Avi. 
So , I bought one to surprise him after dinner :-D


We got home and my dad whipped up a magical dish of 
Chicken Piccata and Garden Salad...


Everything was delicious of course, and then we had our treats from the bakery...
Avi was so surprised about his choco bacon cupcake!!


After dinner we spent some quality time altogether outside on the back patio under the pergola illuminated by candlelight and a solar sun ball...
It was a beautiful night, and we sat around laughing our butts off at My mother and Aunt Linda.
We were laughing at how they should have their own talk show, where they would have special guests, but the guests would not be able to get a word in edgewise...
They're just both Chatty Cathies, they were making us laugh so hard with stories of when they were little! 

Well that was the night! 

Stay tuned for Part 3: Grounds For Sculpture

3 comments:

Dena Miller said...

Justina, I really adore this post!!! Everything looks amazing!!!1 I love the photo in the greenhouse and spied the tiny Pixi in the corner. The shops sound so amazing too...I really would like to visit there. Looking forward to more of this amazing day in your next post!!
xoxo
Dena

Justina said...

Thanks for reading Dena!! Ah you found the little pixies!!! There are more in that picture, can you spot them all? :-D

You would LOVE Peddler's Village!! Man, we went so broke there LOL!

Post 3 coming soon, maybe tomorrow!

Dena Miller said...

Yes...went back to find the other two Pixi's...so magical indeed!