Friday, September 6, 2013

Aunt Linda & Cousin Jessie Visit From North Carolina PART 3: Grounds For Sculpture


Well I am back for yet another blog post about my Aunt Linda and Cousin Jessie's stay...
We just did SOOOO much in this weekend, that it's hard to do it all in one blog post.
I'm kinda editing all the pics as I go along.

Anyways! I just HAD to tell you about the Saturday they were here because it was just THAT gorgeous of a day, great for exploring and walking around.

We had decided that we wanted to go to 



This place is so unbelievably beautiful, they have over 200 sculptures done by different artists from all over the world.  The place is filled with beautiful misty ponds, draw bridges, life sized human like statues that you have to take a double take at because you think they are real, flowers, tree canopies, and roaming peacocks throughout the grounds...


On our way!

Avi took TONNNNSSSS of pictures, I took some on my camera, but I had a malfunctioning memory card, and a majority of my favorite ones went corrupt :-( 
So let me just say that most of the pictures below were in fact taken by Avi, and I put my whimsical touch on them for this blog only...


Here we are in the little shuttle that drove us about 2 feet to the entrance.
We were laughing so hard cuz we could have just walked once we figured out how close it was...

Here we are in the first gallery
We look like such tourists!


But what are we looking at!?


This amazing ceiling!!


Here are some more of my favorites from the day


Sculpture of a woman bathing in the misty springs...
You can see her from the draw bridge overlooking the beautiful Rat cafe.


This huge head in the water was overlooking The Rat cafe (above)
We wanted to eat there, but it was a bit pricey and the wait was insane!


This beautiful sculpture of the lady with the umbrella was so beautiful.
It was probably one of my favorite sculptures from the day...
You can't see it in the pic below, but there was also a small boy statue next to her.
They sat HIGH upon a huge hill, and believe it or not, all of those breathtaking red flowers around her 
ARE FAKE!!! 
We couldn't believe it either...


This is me walking through one of the first tree pathways we encountered...
(we encountered many canopied walkways throughout the day, and each one got even more beautiful than the next!)
I feel like I'm being followed here...
Do you here giggles?
I think there are pixies in these woods....


One of the best exhibits is this Woman Showering.
The below photo is taken from the mirror view...
You can see her showering, and she also sings in the shower as well!
It was a little creepy, it sounded so real! 
The water was really running on her as well...


Below is a replica of Johannes Vermeer's The Girl With the Pearl Earring.
This was taken by Avi, such a beautiful shot!


Soon we were on our way to the 
Peacock Cafe
to enjoy a nice healthy lunch! 
I had a turkey and brie wrap with an arugula salad which was pretty delicious! 

Right after lunch, we stopped into the attached gift shop were I found these 
BREATHTAKING BEAUTIES!


How beautiful are those bracelets!? 
They were only 8 bux each, so I picked up 2 for myself
and the green one on the bottom I bought for my mom...


On the way out of the gift shop, we made our way back into the garden where the peacocks were roaming all about! They are such mystical and beautiful creatures!
We also came upon a few praying mantis's resting in the shade of more tree canopies...

We also came upon this peeing statue...
Yes, it was squatting and peeing.. 

We were laughing so hard!


Here we passed by some Buttercup Blossoms, 
Avi took this beautiful shot...
I can feel fairy spirits around me... 
Do you see them?


Here I am under one of the many canopied walkways...
It was fun getting lost in a labyrinth of beautiful foliage all day!


Here are the rents posing with a larger than life replica of 
American Gothic
   

Rosario is waiting in a "Breadline", which was the name of the sculpture...


Below is a sculpture of a bubbly cauldron with skulls in it, and misty water spraying out...
It looked so ghoulish and gross, but the water mist felt so nice and cooling on this warm day!
There were a few witchy and ghoulish statues standing by it...


We walked our way through more foliage mazes, and decided to take a rest on the river bank...




Shortly after we got some root beer floats in a little garden resting place...
Then we trekked on to do more exploring...
We came upon this beautiful Gypsy Wagon, 
Which actually ended up being the main entrance to Rat's!


Inside the wagon, and restaurant entrance...


Avi captured some bumble bees buzzing around this 
whimsical flower...



Avi took this picture of me down by the river bank, 
in one of my favorite dresses, I bought it at Walgreen's for 
$10!!! Isn't it cute!?


Again, for some reason, I felt fairy spirits around me all day! 
They have definitely made the day so enchanting and magical! 
The weather was beautiful, the day was perfect, it was relaxing, 
and some great time spent with family.

The drive home was so exhausting, 
when we finally got home, we decided to lie down on the couch for awhile while the parentals fixed dinner in the kitchen.
They made a yummy pasta dinner with meatballs, and salad...

After dinner, my mom, Aunt, Linda, Jessie, and I decided to go to the Marshall's around the corner from my house because Jessie lives in the mountains in North Carolina, and doesn't have access to most of her favorite stores in her neck of the woods.  She bought a few nice lanterns for her house, and I picked up this AMAZING smelling Natural Soy Black Orchid scented candle...

It came in such a pretty little sachet pouch!


My mom picked up a box of 
Natural Rooibos Cinnamon Vanilla Tea by Tea of Life at Marshall's...
I am trying to find the tea online, but cannot find it anywhere, so it must just be Marshall's Brand..
It sure is yummy though with a little milk and honey! We went home and made our tea, and then Jess, Avi, and I curled up on the couch and watched 
Oz the Great and Powerful


It was a nice relaxing night to finish off the exhausting but adventurous day...

PART 4 COMING SOON! 

No comments: