The fabric, as crappy as it was, was actually pretty nice, and salvageable for other uses. On the front of the bedspread was a lined pattern , with paisley print on it. The back of the bedspread was just a solid iridescent greenish color. Also inside, was wool batting, which I'm sure can be used for making cushions or pillows and whatnot. So I saved it ALL! I just took it apart so I can pick and choose what I wanted to use any of it for.
So today, I felt the urge to do something with all of this fabric, so I made some curtains for under my craft table. I didn't hang them yet, but I had worked on sewing them all afternoon!
I will post a pic of it once I hang them up...
So after I finished those, I started on a window valance for the window in my small craft room.... Here are some pics, it's nowhere close to finished, but I thought I'd show you a sneak peek... and I will def post pics of it once it's done and hung up!!
I'm still going to add some of the green iridescent fabric to the bottom and made kinda like a swag effect or something, then I'd like to add some small bows for accenting, and some more lace... maybe some tassles on the bottom points if I do them...
It's hard to tell what the finished product is going to look like for me, because everything I do is complete improv. I would not call myself a master sewer , or anything , my stitching is SOOOO far from perfect , so I would not call myself a seamstress, or tailor... I just enjoy the creative sloppiness of throwing scraps together and hoping for the best... that's the whole fun in it !!
Well I hope to get more accomplished with this tomorrow, and I will post more pics with progress !!!
I also made a bulletin board with the comforter fabric, I will post pics of that sometime tomorrow !!
For now, I'm EXHAUSTED!!
Nite everyone !